Thursday 29 April 2021

 Coronization of a poem penned by famous Hindi poet Late Bhavani Prasad Mishra

( Yes Sir,Madame, I sell Poems)  

जी हां हुज़ूर, मैं गीत बेचता हूं,

मैं तरह-तरह के गीत बेचता हूं,

मैं किसिम-किसिम के गीत बेचता हूं !
Yes Sir/Madam I sell the grief and sorrow

Yes Sir/Madam I sell the grief and sorrow
Of different kind and design
With a wide price range
Initially I felt some inhibition
But then I thought
In a world where people have sold their conscience
No harm in selling the grief and sorrow
Kindly tell what kind of sorrow and grief you cherish
Customers' choice is supreme 
This grief is from New Delhi's Nigam Bodh Ghat
This is from Mumbai's Chandan Badi
And this grief is special 
From the Manikarnika Ghat of  eternal city of Varanasi 
Dear Sir/Madam I know 
Selling the sorrow and grief is a sin
But I have to keep in mind 
Demands by customers
Customer, they say, is second name of God
 


No comments:

Post a Comment