Sunday 14 March 2021

 Foreign Minister  S Jaishankar to Western establishment-

Mind your own business you hypocrites!


In an interview S Jaishankar was asked to respond to "decline in the country’s status on the freedom index" and suggestions that India is now an electoral autocracy

  S Jaishankar said, “You used the dichotomy of democracy and autocracy. (Do) you want a truthful answer? It is hypocrisy. We have a set of self-appointed custodians of the world who find it very difficult to stomach that somebody in India is not looking for their approval…They invent their rules, their parameters, pass their judgments and make it look as though it is some kind of global exercise.”

S Jaishankar said that all such agenda-driven reports refer to the BJP as a ‘Hindu nationalist party.’ Well!, “We are the nationalist guys. We have given vaccines to 70 countries in the world. Tell me (about) the internationalist countries. How many vaccines have then given? Which one of these countries have said that while I do (vaccinate) my own people, I will do (inoculate) other people who need it as much as we do. Where are these people?”

All of us are entitled to our beliefs, our faith and values. I do not put my hand on a religious book when I take my oath of office. Guess which country does?” His comments were again directed at the US, where the President takes the oath of office by placing one hand on the Bible and not the Constitution. “I am self-assured about my country. I don’t need a certificate from other countries who clearly have some agenda to drive,”

‘We don’t need a certificate from others’

No comments:

Post a Comment